COMING IN 2024
The new DASIG aims to deliver the following benefits for its members and the association as a whole, while making sure there is no disruption to the activities of existing SIGs:
- Provide opportunities to connect with like-minded academics who share the passion for data analytics, exchange ideas, insights and best practices and foster valuable relationships that can open doors to innovative collaborations.
- Create a collaborative space that complements existing SIGs, fostering synergies without detracting from their respective memberships, recognising the unique value each SIG brings to the AFAANZ membership base.
- Allow members to explore and develop their understanding and usage of cutting-edge technologies and tools in data analytics to enhance their research and teaching activities.
- Elevate members’ digital and analytical skills and enable them to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving world of accounting, finance, and data analytics.
- Expose members to innovative teaching approaches and methodologies to integrate data analytics into accounting and finance curricula and prepare students for the data-driven job market by equipping them with essential analytical skills.
- Uncover new research tools and techniques that will allow members to incorporate both structured and non-structured data collected from a wide variety of sources to generate innovative and meaningful research findings.
- Provide opportunities to engage in setting professional standards in dealing with big data, including data ethics, privacy and security, as well as to engage with other respected organisations and accounting and finance associations across the globe to share knowledge and insights.
- Promote collaborative research initiatives that advance the understanding of the role of data analytics in accounting and finance, leading to impactful contributions to the academic community and industry.
- Provide access to a wealth of resources, case studies, real-world applications and industry expertise within the data analytics concepts to life.
- Facilitate the dissemination of academic research related to data analytics in accounting and finance, including best practices, methodologies, and innovative applications, to members, non-members, and the broader profession.
To become a member of the Data Analytics SIG you will first need to become a member of AFAANZ, The fee for AFAANZ membership is AU$137.50 including GST for applicants residing in Australia and AU$125 for applicants residing outside Australia. Note that membership is based on a calendar year.
The fee for the Data Analytics SIG is AU$22 including GST for applicants residing in Australia and AU$20 for applicants residing outside Australia. Click on the purchase button to gain access to this SIG. You may also "Join this Group" further below to be keep up to date with the latest news and events.